Saturday, September 5, 2026

007 - Life as a twin sister!

     Just like typical siblings, you'd want to stick together no matter what. It's the exact same thing for someone who has a twin which is no different. You do everything together--share your clothes, like the same things, have the same hairstyles, play the same sport, wear the two colors your parents put you two in so they could tell you apart. Literally, everything. My sister and I were those kind of twins.

    At birth, my parents used the colors pink and purple to tell us apart because there was honestly no telling who was who. I typically wore purple while my sister wore pink, which aren't even our favorite colors now. My sister loves yellow while I love pink. If you seen one of us, you knew that the other was close by. We shared a room for about 11 years before getting our own rooms in a new home. Before elementary school, we shared a big queen sized bed together. We used to jump and play around before completely breaking the bed (my parents had no issue with us jumping on the bed. One day, I jumped too high, landed on the wood of it and the whole bed collapsed)--It was fun while it lasted!

    Every picture day and first day of school picture, we wore the same outfit but in different colors. We're to the point now where the school mistakenly puts our names on the wrong pictures! Anyways, our interests started to differ over time.  The shows we grew up watching together only became a happy memory to reminisce about. We used to play volleyball together, now only my sister plays it. I now do cheerleading. One now wears her hair in a ponytail all the time while one wears her hair down completely.

    As 16 year old girls now, we still want to do everything together. We've had the same exact schedule for our first two years of high school but now we're juniors with different schedules. We used to finesse our counselor into changing our schedules so that we'd have all our classes together. Keep in mind, my sister and I are going to school for two completely different things (She wants to be a lawyer while I want to be a real estate agent and a hairstylist). Now, our schedules are different and we can't bare it. The first day of school revolved around crying and the constant statement of "I miss my sister". It's dramatic, I know! We're to the point where we don't want to be at college without each other and can't get by the fact that we have to live in our own houses one day. 

    People call the Norris Nuts dramatic in the sense that they're very emotional and if one of them cries, the other's cry with them. My sister and I are the same way. We cry over anything, especially when on the topic about our parents (we love and appreciate them so much)!

This is just how my life is,

xoxo, Lala !

No comments:

Post a Comment